- What does no dearth mean?
- What does instigate mean?
- What does debacle mean in English?
- What is the opposite of instigate?
- What is the meaning of fortunate?
- How do you use the word debacle in a sentence?
- What does prattle mean?
- What is another word for prattle?
- What is idle prattle?
- What does ignominiously mean?
- How do you instigate someone?
- How do you use prattle in a sentence?
- What does Tantalisingly mean?
- What is a dearth of something?
What does no dearth mean?
1 : scarcity that makes dear specifically : famine.
2 : an inadequate supply : lack a dearth of evidence..
What does instigate mean?
verb (used with object), in·sti·gat·ed, in·sti·gat·ing. to cause by incitement; foment: to instigate a quarrel. to urge, provoke, or incite to some action or course: to instigate the people to revolt.
What does debacle mean in English?
noun. a general breakup or dispersion; sudden downfall or rout: The revolution ended in a debacle. a complete collapse or failure. a breaking up of ice in a river.
What is the opposite of instigate?
Wiktionary. instigate(verb) Antonyms: stop, halt, prevent.
What is the meaning of fortunate?
adjective. having good fortune; receiving good from uncertain or unexpected sources; lucky: a fortunate young actor who got the lead in the play. bringing or indicating good fortune: resulting favorably; auspicious: She made a fortunate decision to go on to medical school.
How do you use the word debacle in a sentence?
(1) The Argentine debacle has important lessons to teach. (2) His first performance was a debacle : the audience booed him off the stage. (3) Many men were shot or captured in the debacle. (4) After the debacle of the war the world was never the same again.
What does prattle mean?
prattle. noun. Definition of prattle (Entry 2 of 2) 1 : trifling or empty talk. 2 : a sound that is meaningless, repetitive, and suggestive of the chatter of children.
What is another word for prattle?
SYNONYMS FOR prattle 1 gab, jabber, gabble, blab.
What is idle prattle?
n idle or foolish and irrelevant talk.
What does ignominiously mean?
1 : humiliating, degrading an ignominious defeat. 2 : deserving of shame or infamy : despicable. 3 : marked with or characterized by disgrace or shame : dishonorable.
How do you instigate someone?
Incite usually stresses an act of stirring something up that one did not necessarily initiate (“the court’s decision incited riots”). Instigate implies responsibility for initiating or encouraging someone else’s action and usually suggests dubious or underhanded intent (“he was charged with instigating a conspiracy”).
How do you use prattle in a sentence?
Prattle in a Sentence 🔉At every party, there is always one lady who has to prattle on about her cute kids. … I can only hope my grandmother does not prattle about her childhood during Christmas dinner.More items…
What does Tantalisingly mean?
tantalise. vb. (tr) to tease or make frustrated, as by tormenting with the sight of something greatly desired but inaccessible. [C16: from the punishment of Tantalus]
What is a dearth of something?
A dearth of something is a lack or scarcity of it. … Much less commonly, dearth is used in a more specific way to refer to a scarcity of food—a famine.